We reward and recognise the contribution shown by every member of staff with a comprehensive benefits package, commitment to their personal and professional development and the flexibility to manage work and home commitments.
Take a look at how we recognise and reward you at Rutland.
- A competitive salary
- We support your development needs to help you meet your full potential
- A 37-hour working week but also opportunities for part-time working. If you are looking for some flexibility in where or how you work, we'll try to support you
- Some of our roles have career grade structures giving a clear career pathway and salary progression
- If you are moving to Rutland to join us, you may be eligible for help with relocation, including support for removal, travel and legal costs
- A defined benefits pension scheme with the LGPS, including the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- You will also have life assurance cover from the moment you join the Local Government Pension Scheme, offering a lump sum equal to two years' pay if you die in service
- Free uniform if one is needed for your role
- There is a real sense of being valued at the Council, and ensuring you have a genuine balance between your work life and personal life.
Minimum 24 days leave and bank holidays
Minimum 24 days annual leave (pro-rata), plus paid bank holidays. An extra 5 days after 5 years service.
Career breaks and extended periods of leave to support you.
Payment of professional body membership fees if this is a requirement of your role.
Easy access to learning, coaching and mentoring, and secondment opportunities.
Maternity, paternity and adoption pay
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
Flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Competitive salary in line with nationally agreed pay scales. Defined benefits pension scheme.
Wellbeing support helpline
24/7 advice, support and counselling for you and your immediate family via our employee assistance programme.
Cycle to work scheme
Cycle to work scheme through the Green Commute Initiative – salary sacrifice offering a great deal.
Improve your wellbeing with our Mindfulness sessions.
Discounted swimming sessions
Use the Passport to Leisure Scheme and pay less to swim at Catmose Sports Centre.
Our staff have access to discounts on phone contracts, car hire, and more.